The holidays are coming and it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!Where did this year go? As we head full force into the holiday season there are sure to be a ton of holiday parties and special occasions that you’ll want to make sure to have the bright and glowing skin for!If you follow me on Instagram (@truskinrituals), you’ll know that I preach on how MOISTURIZER is key! I can’t stress enough just how important it is to keep your skin moisturized so that you won’t regret it down the road. Choose the right moisturizer and your skin will stay glowing, bright, and smooth all year long! Add a little more TLC and a bit more frequency to your moisturizing routine and you’ll also be able to maintain a nice “Christmas Glow” throughout the holiday season.With harsh winds, chilly temperatures, and dry air, keeping your skin hydrated, bright, and glowing can be tough. One of my biggest tips is to find a light moisturizer with SPF in it. Often times during the cold season we tend to ditch the SPF since the sun isn’t out as much. But while the sun might not be out as much, those harmful UV rays are still poking through the clouds and harming your skin. To help with seasonal weather transitions and what they can do to your face, I recommend Tru Glow facial treatment. This exfoliating facial will both exfoliate and remove fine vellus hair and dead skin, leaving you with the softest glowing skin on the block!But what about times during the holiday season when we might indulge a little too much in salty and sugary holiday foods, not get enough sleep as we try to do and see too much, or just simply have a full calendar of fun and festive events all month long? All of these things are sure to affect the look and condition of our skin, right? Fear Not! Read on for my favorite tips and products to use during the Fall/Winter season to combat the extra stress of what heavier holiday makeup, holiday treats, and late night festivities can do to your skin:
- I love using this moisturizer on my clients because it not only hydrates but also uses antioxidants to fight free radical damage and (my favorite) reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles!The Osmosis Enlighten is a great product to use especially after the summertime to get rid of those pesky sun and age spots. The Osmosis Enlighten is a pigment fading serum that lightens and brightens your skin!Not only does this product smell yummy, but it’s SO amazing for your skin! The hydration this moisturizer gives you is out of this world! I love that it also protects from environmental damage while hydrating your skin.You can find all of my favorite products and more at my website:And lastly, here are a few more at home tips I like to give my clients during the Fall, Winter, and Holiday season:
- Bathing in lukewarm water is a huge help to your skin. I know, it’s cold outside and sometimes we just want to take a hot shower, BUT taking hot showers strip away the natural oils your body needs to keep your skin hydrated and glowing. If your one of those people that can’t take anything but hot showers, at least swap out hot water for lukewarm water when washing your face and hands.
- Another at home tip I like to offer my clients is to be picky with your moisturizer and find one that truly helps your skin; because everyone’s skin is different. Also, moisturize right after showering and washing your hands to keep that moisture locked in.
- If you’re like me, you love staying warm in the winter by turning up the heater. But what most people don’t realize is that when you turn up the heat, you’re exposing your skin to nothing but dry air. If you add a humidifier (great to put it in your bedroom) it will put moisture back into the air and help to keep your skin from drying out.
- With the cold weather we tend to reach for those peppermint lattes and hot cocoa to keep us warm instead of drinking more water. Although those drinks taste yummy, our skin needs water to stay hydrated. It’s best to hydrate from the inside out for the best results! Swap out those sugary hot drinks for some hot water with lemon and herbal tea.I hope some of these tips help get you through the winter season, Happy Holidays!
Jamie Ortiz of Tru Skin Rituals is a licensed esthetician, healthy skin advocate, age management strategist, and authority on corrective skin care and designer waxing services.